As any games journalist would probably tell you, a true and complete review of a Massively Multiplayer Online game is impossible. MMOs are vast, forever evolving entities with too much content for a single reviewer to produce a fair and accurate review. However, a collection of dedicated bloggers and EVE players (past and present) with a wide range of experience in various aspects of the game might be able to pull it off.
This special 'End of Year' Blog Banter edition aims to be a crowd-sourced game review. Using your gaming knowledge and experience, join the community in writing a fair and qualified review of EVE Online: Crucible. This can be presented in any manner of your choosing, but will ideally include some kind of scoring system.
With each Blog Banter participant reviewing the areas of EVE Online in which they specialise, the result should be a Metacritic-esque and accurate review by the people who know best.
For clarification; although the current edition of EVE Online is Crucible, this does not restrict reviews from using a broader brush and delving into content introduced earlier, in fact that would be preferable. But equally, don't be afraid to specialise, pick a unique angle, focus on one thing - we don't want everyone writing the same broad review do we? The purpose is to leave no stone unturned, lets give the world an honest appraisal of all the content.
Reviews just in:
- The Rollercoaster Thrill Ride that is Eve Online, with Cookies, Review by Rixx Javix @ EVEOGANDA
- Why EvE Wins by Shalee Lianne @ Living a Lie
- The Entire Wormhole That Eve Is by Harrigan Vonstudly @ Gun Turret Diplomacy
- EVE Online Community Review by Drackarn @ Sand, Cider and Spaceships
- EVE is what the player makes of it by tgl3 @ Through Newb Eyes
- Challenge Accepted by Jace Errata @ Year of the Snake
- Reviewing EVE Online by Urziel99 @ Urziel's EVE Chronicle
- The Difference is... by Mike Azariah @ Missioneer in EVE
- A Way Forward (Revised) by Orakkus @ 2nd Anomaly From the Left
- Attempting the impossible by Sessym @ Rants from New Eden
- Community Review by Eelis @ The One That Writes
- Review by Keyanu @ MuppetNinjas
- EVE Online Review by Lukas Rox @ pozniak.pl
- Reviewing Eve Online by Moriarty Kanenald
- One does not simply review EVE, but can certainly make a decent try by Myrhial Arkenath @ Diary of a Pod Pilot
- Title Analysis by Ender Black @ Pod Goo
- The Game Outside Eve Online by Tommy Rollins @ Rollins' Ride in Eve
- I was there, will you be? by Max Torps @ Starfleet Comms
- Objective(?) review of EVE Online by Ripard Teg @ Jester's Trek
- That's Not a Moon by Adhar Khorin @ Margin Call
- Players by blastradius1 @ Blastrad Tales
["Blog Banter 31" header reproduced with permission from Rixx Javix of EVEOGANDA. He's got mad skillz, check out his other stuff as he's running out of commissions ;)]