Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Incarna Revised to Run On Low-End Machines

Having been bothered by the discontent of many EVE players in recent months, I gave some thought to how I might ease their strife. One of the key issues that was causing upset was the high graphical demands of the Captain's Quarters allegedly melting graphics cards and bringing lesser machines to a shuddering halt.

It seemed unfair to me that those with low-end machines could not enjoy the immersive intrigue and subtleties of the Captain's Quarters and were simply forced to switch Incarna off and contemplate a dull static screen.

But no longer.

Now all EVE players can join the Incarna generation and cavort with wild abandon around their Captain's Quarters. Ladies and gentlemen, Freebooted Entertainment Studios presents...

Incarna: The Text Adventure

It might not be as pretty, but it's got features that the fancy-pants version hasn't. And I'm pretty certain I'll have that door open before CCP.

17 comments:

  1. This my friends is the next big thing! IMAGINATION doesn't have a graphics card!

    I'll highly recommend this to all my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much more immersion than Incarna has!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Undock -> 'You win!' Nuff said :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg!omg!omg!


    Incarna the text version -- excellent...

    ReplyDelete
  5. They should consult you to show them what immersion is :) .
    Anyways nicely done. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent more time playing this than the actual CCP content. No lie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got to say I'm quite taken aback by the attention this is getting. I only did it as a bit of a joke that I threw together during a bout of insomnia following a night-shift yesterday. But given it's apparent popularity (it's had more hits in the last 24 hours than Freebooted gets in a month) I might have to consider expanding it a bit.

    I'm not promising anything though, my idea of agile development is writing on one foot whilst wearing a ninja suit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was hilarious, nice going, Stan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also...dare I suggest there are a lot of EVE features that provide fodder for similar treatment? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mynxee, you can rest assured that the Freebooted design and content teams are in a meeting as I write this, hammering out a roadmap of expansion and iteration. We may have stumbled blindly into this, but we'll sure as hell try not to walk repeatedly into the door.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't understand why the door is sealed!? Is there a tech support line I can call?

    ReplyDelete
  12. TYR3L, yes there is. Just use the intercom panel, there is a Tech Support option.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the most brilliant commentary on anything EVE related I have seen since I started silently stalking the EVE blogosphere more than 4 years ago. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I'm honoured that you broke your vow of silence to say so. Now please don't hurt me.

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me.