Thursday, 29 April 2010

The Naming of the Beasts

Having recently centralised and streamlined my hangar contents, I thought I might belatedly respond to Evoganda's 'What's In Your Hangar' meme.

Although I don't really have a strict naming convention for my ships, I always prefix them with SSS, as in Seismic Stan's Ship. well if it's good enough for Her Majesty and the United States...

SSS Wabbit (Buzzard): So named 'cos it's got big bunny ears and it amuses me that it'll tempt other pilots to quote Elmer Fudd.

SSS Iron Grieve II (Drake): I fitted and named the Iron Grieve for a corpmate and I liked the name. A grieve is a plate of medieval armour which I think the Drake resembles.

SSS Blackrun (Tengu): Purchased after a skiing holiday and named after the toughest slopes.

SSS Zhuk (Raven): TREAD Alliance approved fleet fit as recommended by President Ivan Zhuk.

SSS Elemental Flame (Kestrel): Tech II fitted and renamed after the U'K Stabber pilot that was it's first victim.

SSS Dropsy (Manticore): Cos it drops bombs.I'm not sure why I chose a fish-related diesease though.

SSS Mr. Ee (Retriever): Mr. Ee was the BBC Micro version of the arcade classic Mr. Do and it was all about digging. If ever I got into mining (which I won't) I would use my expert knowledge of ancient digging games to name all my ships; Repton, Dig-dug, Boulderdash. I could do this all day.

This is by no means a complete list, but as it was originally uploaded from an iPhone app which limited me to 1000 characters, I feel I've already cheated by adding a bit more, so we'll leave it at that.

Posted by ShoZu

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Never too late. I like it, funny the meme caused me to think about my own ship names more than usual. Lately I've been naming them after some of my favorite (not!) red pilots! lol.

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me.